Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Week Twenty-Two: Actual Changes

Hey everyone,

So remember when I told you that changes happen every six weeks. Well that was four weeks ago. That leaves (I'll give you sometime to do the math) two weeks left until the change. However, last night, E Leavitt and I were laying in bed talking and the phone rang. It was the mission president, President Marler. He asked E Leavitt to be the new financial secretary of the mission. That involves handing a LOT of money so he leaves tomorrow so that he can receive two weeks of training before the change. He's been in Cartavio the last 9 and a half months and it will be hard to leave but he is going to the mission office where there is air conditioning, and a dry cleaners, and grocery stores and all kinds of tomfoolery so I kind of hate him, haha.

Where does that leave me? Well, no one really knows. The plan is to call a youth who is preparing to go on a mission to be a missionary for two weeks to hang out with me. They haven't found one yet and it'll be hard because school here starts next Monday but it is a lot better than the alternative of getting put in a three sum and us all having to travel between two areas to not lose investigators.

If that is what happens, then that pretty much means that I am teaching a 16 or 17 year old how to be a missionary. He will have made the decision extremely quickly and just gone. He'll have no MTC training and no field experience. I would have to teach him everything and do a ton of work that E Leavitt and I usually split up. It'll be stressful but fun to get to have my own kid in the mission. (Your first companion is called your Dad).

Whatever happens, I'm going to have a pretty crazy two weeks. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. We have two investigators with baptism dates and three inactive members who we are bringing back to activity and I don't want to screw anything up. Cartavio is E Leavitt's baby and it just got left on the doorstep in the rain at my weird broken down carpentry shop and I have to make sure that it doesn't play with saws and die.

I'll tell you who my temporary companion is next week and my real companion the week after. Love you all a ton.

Elder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment