Monday, January 6, 2014

Week Fifteen: New Year

2014 y'all.

I hope that everyone had a fun and safe New Year. We didnt do very much here. Our pensionista (the person who feeds us three times a day) gave us each two ties and a bottle of cologne as Christmas/New Years gifts. She is the best member in the whole ward and likely the best pensionista that I will have my whole mission. Other than that, we went to bed at 10:30 like lame missionaries, haha.  Apparently there was a crazy fireworks show at midnight but for those of you who actually know me, you know I didnt wake up and hear it.

Me and Abinidai. He is my number one best friend in Peru. He proselytes with us at least twice a week and testifies with power. He is hilarious, listens to great music, and is going to college to study English for a year before his mission. #whatigotyougottagiveittoyourmama #badhaircut

The weirdest thing about it being 2014 is that I will be here for the whole year. For the rest of my life, whenever I see a movie, album, or book that came out in 2014 I will know that I was in Peru. I was home for a lot of 2013 and Ill be home for some of 2015 but all of 2014 will be spent serving the Lord.  Thats just a thought that I thought was cool. What can I say? I think a lot of thoughts.

For New Years Eve, people make scarecrows and then burn them at midnight. This was by far the coolest one.

Theres not a ton to talk about this week. We were pretty successfull. We taught a lot of lessons. Missionary stuff.  Im starting to settle in and feel really comfortable living here and speakng Spanish. 

Random thought of a Google-less missionary: Why is it easy to keep your eyelids all of the way open or all of the way closed but to keep them halfway open requires a lot of effort.

Have a great week and a great year. God bless America.

Elder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment