Monday, January 6, 2014

Week Thirteen: Baptism!

Merry Christmas everyone!

This week was really phenomenal. We had a baptism! She is eight years old and her family goes to church every week but since her parents cant marry due to their cohabitation, she is a baptism for the mission. We taught her all of the lessons over the last few weeks and then baptized her on Saturday. I got to be the one to baptize her. It was an incredible experience. The Spirit is always strong at baptisms but I don't think that I was prepared for how strong it would be when I was the one performing the ordinance. It was really just a great day.

Norma Olenka Marcos Villareal: Habiendo sido comisionado por Jesucristo, yo te bautizo en el nombre del Padre, y del Hijo, y del Espiritu Santo. Amen.
After the baptism, we had to hurry to get to Trujillo because that evening, there was a Christmas show in the Plaza de Armas put on by all of the missionaries in the mission. E Leavitt and I missed the practice due to the baptism but we got there in time to participate (you can see pictures at kurtandkathymarler.blogspot.com). All 200+ missionaries sang Christmas music and some people had prepared special numbers on pan flutes, breakdances, and all kind of things.  Every one passing by stopped to see what was happening and there were missionaries in the crowd taking the info of people who were interested in lessons.


The whole family
As far as my plans for Christmas eve and Christmas: I still don't know. I know that for at least most of the day, we will preach like normal. We have a few appointments and a ton of members that want to give us fruitcake (its really good here). On Christmas, in the evening, I get to skype my family for an hour which will be the best and on Christmas eve, I get to meet E Leavitts family which will be cool too. Other than that, we still aren't 100% on the rules but well find out soon. Either way, this will be a really fun Christmas.

A sheep herder and her flock were just walking down the street. I took the pic from behind so that they wouldn't all freak out.
Paz y buena voluntad,
Elder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment